Tuesday 24 May 2011

Dreams DO Come True

So here it is, why I have been so busy (and absent) for the past couple of weeks...... THE FAIRY HEAVEN SHOP :-) I am so lucky! I have am selling all things handmade, and bespoke wedding invitations, so I am currently chasing my tail making stock! So my wee corner is within Alva Fashions at Glentana Mill, Alva, Clackmannanshire (there's even a wee cafe in the mill!). I took these pics on Sunday straight after set up so it's even more "finished" looking now!


I found the fireplace in a little local shop, and love it soooo much. It is Victorian, and I would love to know where it came from!





Here's my 1950's writing desk! This is my absolute favourite thing! It started life with me as a very dark brown varnished & veneered piece of furniture but me being me, I can't leave anything alone and I had a vision, so a couple of coats of paint later here's my French Shabby Chic writing desk!
This has been a dream of mine for so long, and it looks just how I always imagined. I can't quite believe it, it's all been a bit emotional!! I have the most AMAZING family and friends around me, who have all helped me so so much, and I feel so lucky and grateful (Getting emotional again now). I just hope they all know how much I love them and appreciate them.


I'd better go dry my eyes and make some more stock :-D


x

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It looks great, Ruth, well done on achieving your dream, best wishes on your new venture!

Debbie x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW that is such a creative corner, it would make me want to come and look, it's gorgeous.

Love your desk and it's little bows.